Winchester and/or Ashburn, VA | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Project Manager, you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contractor, located in Winchester, VA.
This Project Manager will play an active role working closely with Superintendents, Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors on projects such as educational institutions, senior living facilities, jails, parking garages, and hospitality projects. Projects are typically valued at $20-50 million and up and are located mainly in the Loudoun County, VA - Martinsburg, WV - Strasburg, PA areas. The project manager is responsible for the overall health of a project and is expected to perform tasks that typically include:
- Collaborate with preconstruction team on budgeting, constructability reviews, and project buy-out.
- Review project proposals, bids, and contracts to determine time frame, and funding limitations.
- Management of operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the construction project.
- Manage relationships with clients, internal team members, architects, engineers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Manages the project plan from pre-construction through completion, with a consistent and proactive approach to conflict mitigation.
- CPM scheduling.
- Change order estimating/negotiation.
- Develop and maintain project-specific risk management plan.
- Formulate scopes of work.
- Identify long lead items.
- Review shop drawings.
- Run weekly owner, architect, contractor, construction meetings, and prepare other necessary documentation.
- Prepare and expedite monthly project billings.
- Manage one to five supervisors assigned to provide assistance.
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager role include:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience with K-12, base to completion projects and experience working in the field.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft products and knowledge of Prolog, Timberline, and Primavera products is a definite plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Profit Sharing/401K
- Personal Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!