Washington, DC | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Project Manager, you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contractor, located in Washington, DC.
This Project Manager will play an active role working closely with Superintendents, Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors on projects such as commercial buildings, educational institutions, retail, restaurants, and hospitality projects. Projects are typically valued at $15 million and up and are located mainly in the Washington, DC area. The project manager is responsible for the overall health of a project and is expected to perform tasks that typically include:
- Collaborate with preconstruction team on budgeting, constructability reviews, and project buy-out.
- Management of operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the construction project.
- Manage relationships with clients, internal team members, architects, engineers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- CPM scheduling.
- Change order estimating/negotiation.
- Develop and maintain project-specific risk management plan.
- Formulate scopes of work.
- Identify long lead items.
- Review shop drawings.
- Daily on-site problem-solving.
- Run weekly owner, architect, and contractor construction meetings, take minutes of meetings, and prepare other necessary documentation.
- Prepare and expedite monthly project billings.
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager role include:
- Must have a minimum of five years of commercial construction experience, experience with K-12, and experience working in the field is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft products and knowledge of Prolog, Timberline, and Primavera products is a definite plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Profit Sharing/401K
- Personal Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Referral Program
- Voluntary Benefits
- Free onsite yoga classes
- Training and Education
- Quarterly Team Building Events
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!