Hanover, PA | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Project Manager, you will be supporting our client, a highly-regarded construction firm specializing in general contracting, construction management and design / build services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Based in Hanover, PA, this client has diverse, exciting projects ranging in size from $1M - $20M extending throughout PA, DE, MD, and VA.
The Project Manager, in partnership with the Superintendent, is responsible for the overall success of a construction project. The Project Manager oversees contractual requirements and documentation. In addition, this individual is responsible for the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction project. Depending upon the size of the project, the Project Manager will manage between 3 - 5 projects simultaneously. This role is based primarily out of the home office, however, some travel to surrounding area job sites is required. Additional responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage multiple projects and appropriately prioritize among them
- Develop subcontractor scopes of work and oversee buy-out of labor and materials
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to solve problems and motivate others
- Develop the project schedule with the project team
- Oversee the pace of the project ensuring that the project is built on time
- Maintain and update project budget throughout the life of the project
- Direct and supervise activities related to contract administration, change orders and submittals
- Create and submit monthly pay applications
- Manage Owner-Architect-Contractor (OAC) meetings
- Understand the project documents and requirements of contracts, bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting and costs
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written skills
- Promote company’s construction services and build business with current and potential clients by maintaining a track record of delivering on all promises
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager role include:
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager working on projects ranging from $1M - $20M
- High school diploma required; additional education preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience using Viewpoint software helpful but not a must
- Strong, effective oral and written communication skills required
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
*In addition, a company vehicle, cell phone and fuel card to be provided.
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!