Fairfax, VA | Direct
Project Managers, are you ready to partner with a company that can help you to make the most of your industry experience? Let RealStreet help to open new doors for you! Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. We are the only firm in the country specializing entirely in construction staffing. Founded and operated by building professionals, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies.
We currently have great assignments for Project Managers some of our top clients. Our recruiters will work directly with you, learning about your goals and needs while matching you with the kind of in-demand projects and positions that you can't find anywhere else!
You have the talent, drive, and expertise --we have the right connections. Together we can help to build you a better career. Contact us today!
As a Project Manager you will be supporting our client, a well-established a construction development consulting firm located in the Northern Virginia area. Our client provides comprehensive services in the regulatory and jurisdictional requirements area for complex construction and development projects.
The Project Manager will plan, execute and finalize projects according to project specific requirements, regulatory processes and client’s specifications. The Project Manager will need to maintain regular communications/reporting and coordinating efforts with jurisdictional personnel, clients, and internal team members. The Project Manager will also define and confirm the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle. Daily travel required to all jurisdictions in the DC Metropolitan area.
- Possess all tasks and responsibilities of an Assistant Project Manager
- Direct and Manage project activities from beginning to end.
- Define project scope and regulatory requirements, develop a project plan with goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and requirements to the client and team members (external and internal) in a timely and clear manner.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with client and team members (external & internal).
- Use in-house technology including tablets to report on all project progress as required/assigned.
- Determine and assess the need for additional support, and request assistance as required during project life cycle from administrative staff and project manager level I’s.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts, and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones tracking and reporting throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and deliver status reports, requirements documentation, and other necessary project materials.
- Troubleshoot project specific issues/complaints from clients with immediate and appropriate communications as required.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices tools for project execution and management.
- 2+ years of experience in the greater Washington DC Metro Area Commercial and Residential Construction Industry and Marketplace
- Experienced in construction regulatory and permit requirements with a minimum of 2 years in a project management role
- HS Graduate required, College degree preferred
- Ability to act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to prioritize and resolve problems.
- Willingness to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for consequent decisions.
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel in DC area approx. 75% of the time.
Our client’s benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan company pays a proportionate share based on individual or family coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) 3% safe harbor plan
- 19 days of PTO
- 11-12 holidays
- Tuition Reimbursements for relevant coursework
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!