Project Manager III
Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We have a great assignment for a Project Manager III supporting the Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) in the accomplishment of its mission. The Project Manager III will join the project team on-site at the Pentagon supporting the design and construction management of new built and renovation projects.
The Project Manager III is responsible for providing senior level experience and expertise congruent with position requirements, and work assignments range from project planning and programming quality assurance (QA), facility engineering, scheduling, estimating, management of Integrated Product Teams, requirements gathering and writing statements of work (technical writing), managing A/E services projects. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with contractors, consultants, authority officials, tenants and their representatives, and government officials to take requirements and develop and analyze short and long-range programs for the planning and execution of construction, alteration, and repair projects and their components
- Providing expertise in the DoD Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution Process to include the areas of project controls, project development, project and integrated projects scheduling, estimating, earned value management, and construction management, and skilled use of the associated software tools
- Completing organizational assessments, analyses of short and long range programs, master planning, evaluation of new and improved performance goals, special studies, requirements review and project development, project review request packages, preparing and presenting project status briefings, developing and maintaining performance matrixes, preparing well written technical reports
- Providing oversight of project design and engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, civil, structural or architectural, and construction and project management
- Responsibilities related to technical writing involve contractor expertise in creating Scopes of Work to be used in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to collect vendor pricing and selection
- Contributing expert information toward the creation of RFPs for selection and assisting with the scope and business terms of the agreement
- Providing project expert advice during the procurement
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager III role include:
- BS degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, science or mathematics (preferred – individuals without a degree must be a licensed Master Craftsman, licensed journeyman, or have an active general contractor license AND 20 years of construction related specialized technical experience)
- Professional registration (preferred)
- 10 years related work experience with 5 years relevant technical experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!