Project Manager I
Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We have a great assignment for a Project Manager I supporting the Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) in the accomplishment of its mission. The Project Manager I will join the project team on-site at the Pentagon supporting the design and construction management of new built and renovation projects.
The Project Manager I is responsible for basic experience and expertise congruent with position requirements. Skill range may cover project planning and programming; design, construction, and project management services; quality assurance (QA); and engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural or architecture. Work assignments can vary dependent upon the work assignment range from QA, facility engineering, requirements gathering and writing statements of work, managing projects, managing architecture and engineering (A/E) services, document management, as well as other similar areas. The tasks can be dependent upon position but may cover required skill sets in the engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, civil, structural or architectural. Responsibilities include:
- Design coordination and acting as the primary point of contact between the contractor and government on issues related to design and construction such as reviewing basis of design, submittals for conformance with the Request for Proposal (RFP), making recommendations regarding the submittal's acceptability or necessary revisions, advising on impacts to building system, component, material or finish proposed, managing the design review process, and facilitating design related field issue resolution
- Providing assistance throughout the acquisition phases of the project to include answering bidders’ questions, attending and participating in site orientation visits and joint Contractor / Government meetings
- Construction management including a broad array of services directed exclusively at preserving and advancing the interests of the government especially in the areas of cost, quality, safety, schedule, invoice disposition and payment
- Focusing on key elements for successful management through constructability reviews, planning and scheduling, managing contractors, and implementing processes which will be used to ensure the contractors deliver quality work, on time, safely, and within budget
- Performing the role of professional adviser on all construction related matters focusing on key elements for successful management through planning and scheduling and implementing processes which will be used to ensure the contractors deliver quality work, on time, safely, and within budget
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager I role include:
- BS degree in engineering, architecture or construction management (preferred – additional relevant work experience may be substituted for degree)
- 4 years related work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!