Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater)
Los Angeles, CA | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the Continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater) with one of our top clients. As a Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater), you will be supporting our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients.
The Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater) will be working on the City’s Wastewater Capital Improvement Program. The Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater) will be responsible for working in conjunction with the engineering team and City staff to produce project designs, to include:
- Conducting independent field investigations
- Collecting field data to support design work
- Writing specifications
- Preparing design and layouts for hydraulic calculations, process piping, plumbing systems, chemical storage systems, chemical feed systems, pumping systems, solids handling systems, blower systems and HVAC
- Coordinating with City / civil service organizations
Specific qualifications for the Mechanical Engineer (Wastewater) role include:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer in the State of California
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design of wastewater treatment or similar industrial facilities
- Specific knowledge in preparing hydraulic calculations
- Able to design process piping, plumbing, chemical storage, chemical feed, pumping, solids handling, blower and HVAC systems
- Basic knowledge of various processes such as headworks, primary clarifiers, aeration basins, secondary clarifiers, disinfection processes, anaerobic digestion, reverse osmosis, membrane bioreactors, solids dewatering and other membrane processes
- Knowledge and application of industry codes and standards such as ASME, ASTM, ANSI, UPC, NFPA, OSHA, etc.
- Good understanding of safety issues including California OSHA regulations
- Must have or attain the Envision Specialist (ENV SP) certification within 2 months of being hired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant 3D and Revit
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software package
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!