Naval Station Mayport, FL | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has hired hundreds of professional-level cleared and uncleared personnel to support our Government and commercial clients’ programs. RealStreet has focused on the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction community in addition to supporting other industries. We support the Department of the Navy, the Air Force, other Government agencies, and commercial customers. RealStreet achieves program objectives by delivering the best personnel.
We have a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer supporting our Navy SeaPort-e program. As an Electrical Engineer, you would be supporting our client, the Navy’s NAVFAC Southeast segment, delivering services for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command at Naval Station Mayport, FL.
The Electrical Engineer will provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the execution of NAVFAC Southeast's broad and diverse mission. This position will provide Electrical Engineering support to Public Works Utilities and Energy Management Division.
Perform the application of principles, methods, and techniques of electrical engineering, data analysis, and statistics concerned with medium and high voltage electrical utilities and SCADA operations, maintenance, and repair.
- Develop presentations, prepare multi-year sustainment, repair, and modernization plans for projects.
- Prepare utility and SCADA system assessments.
- Develop and report commodity performance indicators.
- Develop and improve electrical commodity systems standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provide electrical medium and high voltage and SCADA design guidelines.
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring budget execution.
- Coordinate daily operation of utility systems with the Base Operating Services Contractor and provide input on the performance thereof.
- Act as Senior Consulting Engineer providing technical expertise to other Utilities and Energy Management Product Line Engineers working on electrical medium and high voltage production, transmission, and distribution utility systems and SCADA system.
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Engineer role include:
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical engineering, from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent thereto. Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred, but not required.
- Professional knowledge of electrical engineering and familiarity with other engineering fields, in order to develop and implement proposals for the improvement of the efficiency and the quality of the commodity's performance and to insure the validity of predicted performance.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical distribution systems and the various components that make up the systems.
- 5 or more years of progressive utilities engineering experience as an electrical engineer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Thorough knowledge of work induction process for the electrical distribution system and demonstrated ability to develop various types of data queries, using applicable software, in order to analyze performance and cost data, and identify trends.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing at all levels, including customers, production officer, utilities personnel, and site managers, and the ability to organize and preside over group meetings.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better career with RealStreet! Contact us today!