Glen Burnie, MD | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Electrical Engineer with one of our top clients. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be supporting our client, a mechanical and electrical and construction management firm providing M/E/P engineering consulting, design and construction management services for various commercial construction projects and clients nationwide.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for electrical engineering and design for building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting systems, fire alarm and low voltage systems for commercial office buildings, interior office tenants, retail, multi-family residential and other projects.
- Performing electrical calculations and design power, lighting and fire alarm systems for various projects.
- Working with designers on multiple projects guiding, training and providing direction.
- Reviewing the designer’s designs and coordinating with plumbing and mechanical engineers.
- Working with project managers to maintain schedule and coordination of systems.
- Attending meetings with architects and owners as needed on various projects to coordinate project designs and requirements.
- Performing designs in AutoCAD and Revit when necessary.
- Attending weekly engineering staff coordination meetings.
- Attending project meetings with architects and owners.
- Conducting field surveys on various projects.
- Conducting site visits to witness construction progress.
- Assisting electrical engineering manager in maintenance and development of electrical training and standards.
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Engineer role include:
- BS in electrical engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited engineering university.
- Minimum of five years electrical design experience in electrical power systems for commercial and multi-family residential construction projects.
- FE (Fundamentals of Engineering)/EIT (Engineer in Training) and PE (Professional Engineer) licenses are preferred.
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code), IBC (International Building Code) and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) codes for commercial buildings and systems.
- Proficient in the latest versions of AutoCAD
- Revit experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform field survey work.
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Approximately 5% overnight travel.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!