Document Control Technician I
Hyattsville, MD | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Document Control Technician with one of our top clients. As a Document Control Technician, you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), maintenance, and project management companies. The Document Control Technician will join the project team supporting the construction of a large transit project.
The Document Control Technician will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support for Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) activities on the project.
- Providing electronic receipt recording, tracking, reporting, and disposition of related documentation in project document management and collaboration system.
- Assisting with preparation of PDDM project activity plan.
- Expediting supplier documentation.
- Transmitting project deliverables.
- Managing internal and external document review process.
- Preparing and disposition of final client deliverables.
- Assisting with project close out.
- Participating in task force meetings.
- Reporting directly to the Document Control Manager.
Specific qualifications for the Document Control Technician role include:
- High School Diploma required, two year technical degree or some business or information management schooling is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of project related document control experience is required.
- Intermediate computer experience and knowledge of specialized software programs such as electronic document management systems, relational databases, and project collaboration systems.
- Must be able to communicate with external customers to resolve issues.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!