Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We have a great assignment for a Construction Estimator supporting the Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) in the accomplishment of its mission. The Estimator will join the project team on-site at the Pentagon supporting the design and construction management of new built and renovation projects.
The Estimator is responsible for developing Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and independent government cost estimates for program and project budgeting, architecture and engineering (A/E) designs, military construction long-term projects and current maintenance, repair, alteration and construction projects following the guidance in Unified Facilities Criteria, UFC 3-701-01 and all Construction Specifications Institute Divisions. The Estimator utilizes a general contracting background to convert statements of work into items, quantities and unit costs, and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the institutional local construction costs data sets
- Performing market studies and system / material availability and feasibility assessments
- Utilizing the current cost estimating software tool in use, RS Means
- Developing construction estimates for interior and exterior work covering multiple Construction Specifications Institute Divisions (architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing or civil)
- Performing cost analysis and doing comparisons on multi-disciplinary, multi-million dollar projects for A/E support
Specific qualifications for the Estimator role include:
- BS degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, science or mathematics (preferred - individuals without a degree must have 10 years dedicated construction cost estimating experience OR combined estimating and project management experience)
- 5 years dedicated construction cost estimating experience OR combined estimating and project management experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!